The proud and respected marine call-sign PARU has remained through generations of vessels with a long history of community service, dedication to duty and a commitment to safety on the waters of Lake Ontario.
We currently maintain one patrol vessel which has been in service to Pickering, Ajax and Whitby communities since 1995.
Specifications and Capabilities:
- 34 ft long, 11.5 ft beam
- 8 ton displacement
- Two 220 HP Volvo Penta engines
- Twin propeller out drives
- Built in 1992, dedicated to Search and Rescue (SAR) since 1995
- Top speed of 32 knots (60 km/hr)
- 40-hour endurance on a search mission
- Crew capacity of eight persons
- 500 sq. km of Lake Ontario coverage